Python for Machine Learning
Machine learning is becoming a strategic component for large organizations. With smart devices and the IoT generating more and more data that needs to be analyzed in order to provide business value, engineering teams like yours need to build smarter algorithms where machines do most of the heavy lifting. As the role of machine learning increases in importance so has the use of Python.
If you’re one of the many engineers using Python to build your algorithms, ActivePython is the right choice for your projects.
Get the Machine Learning Packages You Need – No Configuration Required
We’ve built the hard-to-build packages so you don’t have to waste time on configuration…get started right away!
ActivePython comes bundled with two of the most popular machine learning Python packages: TensorFlow and theano. Both of these packages provide the computational libraries to do deep learning via multi-layered neural networks, helping you leverage industry-leading machine learning capabilities from leaders like Google. Precompiling these packages means you and your team save time on package management–allowing more time for writing valuable algorithms and models.
No need for additional compiler configuration, settings and builds–just install ActivePython and you’re ready to go.
Speed Up Your Algorithms with the Intel® Math Kernel Library
We know that computation time is important so we’ve integrated the Intel Math Kernel Library (MKL) into ActivePython to speed up your algorithms using NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, and theano. You get faster computations and better performance for all your machine learning projects running on Intel hardware.
- TensorFlow (deep learning with neural networks)*
- scikit-learn (machine learning algorithms)
- theano (deep learning with neural networks)
- keras (high-level neural networks API)
- pandas (data analysis)
- NumPy (multidimensional arrays)
- SciPy (algorithms to use with numpy)
- HDF5 (store & manipulate data)
- matplotlib (data visualization)
- cryptography (recipes and primitives)
- pyOpenSSL (python interface to OpenSSL)
- passlib and bcrypt (password hashing)
- requests-oauthlib (Oauth support)
- ecdsa (cryptographic signature)
- PyCryptodome (PyCrypto replacement)
- service_identity (prevents pyOpenSSL man-in-the-middle attacks)
Reduce Security Risk
It has been reported that up to 60% of applications have open-source security vulnerabilities**. What are you doing to protect your company from being another statistic or headline?
While you may be focused on security at each stage of the development process, not everyone in your company is. Do you know if someone on your team has used a package that was out-of-date or did not meet your company’s security standards?
By using ActivePython there is no more guessing–we update all included packages to the latest version with every Enterprise build, provide timely security updates for critical issues, and scan our distribution for vulnerabilities.
Having served Fortune 1000 companies for 20 years, we understand the security requirements of organizations like yours and give you the peace of mind you need.
Our Python experts answer your questions by email or phone, so you and your team don’t have to rely on the open source community and public forums for help.
Versions and Platforms:
Our ActivePython builds and packages are consistent across all your enterprise operating systems whether they are on-premise or in the cloud. We offer support for the following versions and platforms:
- Support for 2.7, 3.5
- Support for Windows, Linux, Mac, and Big Iron (AIX, Solaris, HP-UX)
Greater Security, Reduced Risk
There are significant advantages to using the ActivePython distribution in your organization. ActiveState Enterprise Edition provides guaranteed technical support, legal indemnification and quality assurance. With Enterprise Edition, you’ll enjoy the advantages of open source while minimizing the risks.
By using ActivePython, you and your team can:
- Ensure security of your models built in Python
- Meet open source license requirements of your organization
- Get support through private channels to keep your intellectual property and ideas safe
- Avoid vendor lock-in. ActivePython is a commercial distribution of Python that is 100% compatible and on-pace with the open source releases
- Share your use of ActivePython with your enterprise web application teams
With deep roots in open source, and as a founding member of the Python Foundation, ActiveState actively contributes to the Python community. We offer the convenience, security and support that your enterprise needs while being compatible with the open source distribution of Python.
*TensorFlow is available on ActivePython 2.7 for Linux and ActivePython 3.5 for Windows and MacOS; the Intel MKL is available on ActivePython 2.7 and 3.5 for Windows and Linux.
**2017 Black Duck Open Source Security and Risk Analysis