ActiveState has been the proud founding sponsor of the Python Software Foundation since its founding in 2001.
Millions of developers around the globe use Python's flexibility to build powerful web applications, applications for testing, build control and management, and more.
ActiveState offers these solutions for Python development:
- Komodo IDE for Python
ActivePython: The World's Best Python Distribution
ActivePython is the industry-standard, commercial-grade Python distribution used by millions of developers around the world. ActivePython offers hassle-free implementation and significant time savings over open source Python for installing and managing common Python packages.
ActivePython comes precompiled and tested for easy out-of-the-box installation and includes core Python and over 200 popular packages with builds for Windows, Linux, Mac.
- ActivePython Community Edition: Free distribution, used in your dev and test environments.
- ActivePython Business Edition: For use on production machines, or for organizations requiring commercial support. Includes access to archive/older versions of ActivePython.
- ActivePython Enterprise Edition: Ideal for large installations, and/or organizations requiring indemnification and advanced support; builds available for AIX, HP-UX, and Solaris.
- ActivePython OEM Edition: Companies re-distributing ActivePython within software applications should obtain an OEM license.
Go to the Compare Editions Chart for more information.
Deploying to the Cloud, VM or Container
ActivePython is compatible with cloud, virtual machine and container environments. Being completely cross-platform, ActivePython can be used in any virtualization, container, or cloud environment based on Linux, Unix, Windows or macOS.
To make it easier for you to access other web services from your Python program, the Google Cloud package for Python and the complete AWS SDK are included in ActivePython.
Komodo IDE: Faster, Easier Python Development
Komodo IDE is ActiveState’s award-winning, professional development environment built on Python, for Python and other dynamic and web languages and frameworks.
Komodo helps Python developers write code faster and more accurately by offering:
- version control
- graphical debugging
- package manager integration
- multi-language syntax checking and highlighting
- Docker and Vagrant integration
- gulp, Grunt, Cordova/Phonegap integration
- Chrome remote debugging
- unit testing
- code intelligence
- code profiling
- code collaboration for team development
Fully extensible and customizable Komodo includes auto-complete, calltips, snippets, macros and other productivity-enhancing features for Python developers, and since Komodo is a powerful IDE for several languages, if you find yourself changing languages, you don’t need to change your IDE.
And, if you're programming in other languages in addition to Python, Komodo is a powerful IDE for several languages so you won't need to switch your IDE when you switch languages.
NEW in Komodo X! For those entering the world of mobile app development, Komodo X now provides seamless integration with PhoneGap or Cordova. Learn more.
Get a Komodo IDE license at no additional cost when you purchase ActivePython Business or Enterprise Edition. Ask your ActiveState Account Manager for more information.