- Get Stackato
- Why a Private PaaS?
- Features & Benefits
- Stackato by Language
- Compare Editions
- Stackato & Cloud Foundry
- Developer Tools
- Professional Services
- Commercial Support
- Code Recipes
Submitted by tophw on Tue, 2013-02-26 18:59
World’s Leading Enterprise Private-PaaS Technology Gets Faster, Better, Safer with Improved LDAP Controls, “Harbor” Port Service, and SPDY Support
VANCOUVER, British Columbia– February 27, 2012 – ActiveState, whose software enables developers and enterprises to innovate from code to cloud, today announced the release of Stackato 2.8, the next evolution of the company’s groundbreaking private Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) technology for the agile enterprise. Among other new features, Stackato 2.8 includes new Stackato Harbor port service, support for external authentication services like LDAP, updates to its best-in-class web-based management console UI and administrative workflow, and new Stackato Fence security containerization technology.
“Stackato 2.8 is the most advanced private PaaS there is,” said ActiveState CEO Bart Copeland. “We’re moving the technology forward to support the future of the agile enterprise. Enterprise customers want stability. They want security, agility, compliance, scalable administration, and enterprise-grade commercial support. They want a robust, reliable cloud-middleware solution backed by a company that’s going to be around tomorrow. And that’s why enterprises are choosing Stackato.”
Stackato 2.8 release
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Notable New Features:
- Stackato’s new Harbor Port Service enables users to make TCP or UDP port requests for their applications. Now enterprise developers can deploy network applications using protocols other than HTTP(S), and take advantage of multiple SSL certificates. In addition, those developers can connect Java apps to a JPDA debugger without having to rely on an open port.
- The new release offers authentication to an external directory service. Admins can now use external authentication services like LDAP to control access to the Stackato 2.8 PaaS.
- The Fence subsystem builds on Stackato’s advanced data and application security model, streamlining the creation of Linux containers and enabling strict disk-limit enforcement.
- Stackato’s new router offers improved production support for WebSockets and SPDY networking protocols. (WebSocket support was first introduced last year in the Stackato 2.2 release. SPDY capabilities were built in to the 2.4 release in fall 2012.)
- Stackato 2.8 features several service, performance, and framework updates, including support for HSTORE in PostgreSQL, Redis 2.6, and uWSGI 1.4.5 for Perl and Python frameworks. Stackato 2.8 users will also benefit from improvements to the best-in-class web-based management console UI and workflow, and up-to-date security patches for Ruby on Rails.
Stackato 2.8 is available in an enterprise edition, a micro cloud edition, as a sandbox trial, or on public clouds like AWS or HPCS. Learn more and download the Stackato micro cloud at http://www.activestate.com/stackato/get_stackato.
- ActiveState: http://www.activestate.com
- Stackato: http://www.activestate.com/stackato
- Stackato, the Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_aKBJNovdU
- Blog: http://www.activestate.com/blog
Stackato is the private Platform as a Service for the agile enterprise. Stackato works with any language on any stack on any cloud. From the desktop to the datacenter, Stackato makes it easy to develop, deploy, migrate, scale, manage, and monitor cloud applications. With Stackato, enterprise IT enjoys rapid application deployment, scalable administration, assured compliance, and greater control. Developers can code in the language that’s right for them and seamlessly launch applications to any cloud. For the enterprise, that means faster time to market, better productivity, cost savings, and greater innovation.
ActiveState empowers innovation from code to cloud smarter, safer, and faster. ActiveState’s cutting-edge solutions give developers and enterprises the power and flexibility to develop in Java, Ruby, Python, Perl, Node.js, PHP, Tcl, and more. Stackato is ActiveState’s groundbreaking enterprise private Platform as a Service (PaaS), and is the cost-effective, secure, and portable way to develop and deploy apps to the cloud. ActiveState is proven for the enterprise: More than two million developers and 97% of Fortune-1000 companies use ActiveState’s end-to-end solutions to develop, distribute, and manage their software applications. Global customers like Cisco, CA, HP, Bank of America, Siemens, and Lockheed Martin look to ActiveState to save time, save money, minimize risk, ensure compliance, and reduce time to market.
pr [at] activestate [dot] com
ActiveState and Stackato are registered trademarks of ActiveState Software Inc.