We've pre-compiled the most popular Python packages for data science, machine learning, web application development, security, testing, and development utilities that you need. Easy-to-install and bundled with over 300 third-party packages, using ActivePython means you spend less time on configuration and more time coding.
With deep roots in open source, and as a founding member of the Python Foundation, ActiveState actively contributes to the Python community. Join the millions of developers who use ActivePython for their Python projects.
Download ActivePython Community Edition--get started in development for free!
Data Science, Web Development, and Security Packages
ActivePython is 100% compatible with the open source version, and provides the security and commercial support that your organization requires.
Data Science/Big Data/Machine Learning
- pandas (data analysis)
- NumPy (multi-dimensional arrays)
- SciPy (algorithms to use with numpy)
- matplotlib (data visualization)
- HDF5 (store & manipulate data)
- PyTables (managing HDF5 datasets)
- IPython (powerful shell)
- HDFS (C/C++ wrapper for Hadoop)
- pymongo (MongoDB driver)
- SQLAlchemy (Python SQL Toolkit)
- redis (Redis access libraries)
- pyMySQL (MySQL connector)
- scikit-learn (machine learning)
- TensorFlow (machine learning)*
- theano (machine learning)
- keras (machine learning)
- Lasagne (machine learning)*
- Jupyter (notebooks)
- bokeh (data visualization)
- seaborn (data visualization)
- dask (data engineering)
- airflow (data engineering)
- luigi (data engineering)
Web Application Development
- Django (web framework)
- Flask (web framework - microservices)
- Tornado (web framework and networking)
- requests (web dev library)
- AWS SDK (Amazon cloud)
- google-cloud (Google cloud)
- pytest (testing)
- nose (testing)
- selenium (testing)
- flake8 (code quality)
- coverage (test coverage)
- cryptography (recipes and primitives)
- pyOpenSSL (python interface to OpenSSL)
- passlib and bcrypt (password hashing)
- requests-oauthlib (Oauth support)
- ecdsa (cryptographic signature)
- PyCryptodome (PyCrypto replacement)
- service_identity (prevents pyOpenSSL man-in-the-middle attacks)
- pytz (time zone library)
- PyYAML(YAML support)
- py (code gen, API control, ini file parsing)
- lxml (processing XML/HTML)
- cffi (C code interface)
Power Your Business With ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions
ActivePython is the Python distribution used by millions of developers, data scientists and sysadmins around the world. It offers hassle-free implementation and significant time savings over open source Python for installing and managing Python packages. Learn why organizations use ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions on production servers for their mission-critical applications:
Comply with your organization's open source policies and protect it from legal risk. We do a full license review of all precompiled third-party Python packages to minimize your organization's exposure to GNU/GPL licensing and offer license indemnification in ActivePython Enterprise Edition to protect your organization against potential copyright/patent infringement lawsuits.
By using ActivePython, there is no need to worry if a developer on your team has downloaded an unvetted package from an unverified repository. We include the latest secure version of packages, provide timely security updates for critical issues and ensure our Python distribution includes the latest version of OpenSSL.
No more waiting on a forum for an answer to your pressing question or exposing valuable intellectual property through a public forum--get faster answers to your tough questions through email or telephone support from our Python experts.
Legacy Versions and Cross-Platform Support
Our ActivePython builds ensure consistency and standardization across all your operating systems from your staff desktops to production, whether you’re on-premise or in the cloud.
Dev, Testing...now Production?
We have an ActivePython edition for each stage of your development life cycle.
Download ActivePython Community Edition for free to start using ActivePython in your development environment.
Not sure which edition is right for you? Check our Compare Editions chart.
*TensorFlow is available on ActivePython 2.7 for Linux and ActivePython 3.5 for Windows and MacOS; Lasagne is available on ActivePython 2.7 for Windows and Linux; the Intel MKL is available on ActivePython 2.7 and 3.5 for Windows and Linux.