Less than a month after our awesome 9.0 release, we’re following up with our first minor Komodo 9 release. This build contains important bug fixes and is a recommended update for all Komodo 9 users. We’re committed to our software, so expect many more updates (both big and small) this year.
If you’re already using Komodo 9 use the Help > Check for Updates menu to start the update, otherwise you can obtain a copy by visiting the downloads section. This is a controlled release, meaning we’re sending out the update to everyone slowly over the next week.
Try Komodo now by creating a free account on the ActiveState Platform!
- Color Schemes: Use foreground color for caret color – fixes #75
- Run: Run command was not saving recent commands – fixes #37.
- UI: Bottom pane height did not persist properly across restart – fixes #47.
- Trackchanges: Encoding issue on windows where characters end up garbled in the change dialog – fixes #69.
- UI: Ugly border showing around notifications on windows – fixes #108.
- UI: fixed OSX Yosemite vibrancy effect in panes.
- fix issue #58 – codeintel: allow go-lang prefs to pass to out-of-process codeintel.
- Abyss: Fixed issues on Windows with double borders and white space above toolbar.
- Commando: Cache is not updated when a shorcut is added – fixes #115.
- Commando: Commando hangs when descriptions have complex values – fixes #111.
- Commando: Commando prompts are behind commando panel on OSX – fixes #110.
- Commando: Oversized menulist icon on HiDPI.
- Commando: Reload sections scope when switching files – fixes #114.
- Editor: XML Auto-indentation causes infinite loop in edge cases – fixes #186.
- Icons: Debug tab icon was oversized on HiDPI/Retina – fixes #72.
- Notify: Pressing cog hides notification when priority is NOW – fixes #41.
- Places: Duplicate contents when toggling a folder – fixes #61.
- Places: Update places when a project is saved – fixes #129.
- Printing: Use the global ko object – fixes #74 & fixes #135.
- UI: High CPU use on OSX when using Trackpad – fixes #99.
- UI: Improve scrollbar contrast on dark color schemes.
- UI: Places widget dropdown menu had uppercase text – fixes #46.
- fix Debugger: Required two attempts to start debugging.
- fix issue #149 – Debugger: Ensure Ctrl+F5 to skip debugger dialog works.
- fix issue #85 – Tcl autocomplete insertion was incorrect for unicode.
- fix issue #171: Code Intelligence: Fix race condition when multiple windows opened at startup.
In case you didn’t notice, we did a small contest on Twitter for Easter;
— Komodo IDE (@komodoide) April 2, 2015
This contest was quickly won by @adahacker.
— Peter Geer (@adahacker) April 4, 2015
Want to try this Easter egg for yourself? Just hit `ctrl+shift+o` on Win/Linux or `cmd+shift+o` on Mac to open Commando, then type “kitt” or “Michael”. Warning: must be an 80s kid to fully appreciate this Easter egg.
New to Komodo?
Don’t own Komodo yet? Try it today!
If you’ve got any questions, post a comment below or talk to us directly on the forums!