OEM Licensing: Redistribute Open Source Languages
Turnkey Redistribution For Open Source Languages
Organizations redistribute open source libraries with their products. However, this raises two issues:
- Licensing – you need to untangle your open source licenses to avoid IP infringement lawsuits. This can be especially complex when multiple packages/modules – each with their own license – are involved.
- Support – you need to adhere to customer SLAs, but the open source community doesn’t. How can you ensure access to timely support?
Most organizations use valuable employee time and resources to solve licensing and support issues. ActiveState offers a better solution.
Eliminate Legal Risk
ActiveState’s OEM Edition provides organizations with turnkey, failsafe licensing, commercial support and indemnification for products that embed Perl, Python, Go and/or Tcl functionality.
ActiveState’s language distributions are carefully curated to remove all improperly licensed code and resolve any licensing conflicts. While this significantly reduces legal risk for ActiveState’s customers, the Enterprise OEM license directly protects your company from legal exposure since your company is no longer responsible for licensing all the individual open source components of a language distribution. ActiveState’s Enterprise agreements override the open source licenses and offer the warranties, guarantees and indemnification large enterprises need, so you can deploy your code worry-free.
The OEM license also provides you with royalty-free distribution rights. This kind of out-of-the-box licensing saves you time, resources and the headaches that accompany managing license compliance on your own, and may be a better alternative to investing in periodic open source audits.solution-sheet-oem-licensing-updated
- Eliminate Legal Risk – ActiveState’s license overrides all individual open source licenses.
- Reduce Application Risk – Languages are security scanned & backed by SLA-based support.
- Ensure Compliance – 3rd-party packages reviewed & open source license compliance ensured.
- Obtain Indemnification – Up to $5,000,000 coverage for lawsuits.
- Commercial Support – Phone and email support channels, backed by a guaranteed SLA.
- Multiple Languages – OEM licenses cover Perl, Python, Go and/or Tcl.
- Standardization – Standardize on versions that are 100% compatible with community open source languages.
OEM Licensing – Redistribute Open Source Languages With Failsafe Licensing
OEM Choice For Redistributing Open Source Languages
ActiveState’s OEM license is the key to easing customer and partner worries. It’s why customers like Cisco, VMWare and CA rest assured. They know they’re covered with on-demand, guaranteed support and indemnification against potential copyright infringement lawsuits.
On-Demand Commercial Support
Get priority access to ActiveState’s experts to help your development team keep projects on track. ActiveState’s OEM customers get unlimited incidents, priority access to core open source language experts, guaranteed response times, and fixes delivered directly to you.
Plus, resolve your team’s development issues privately, not on public forums. ActiveState’s open source experts can help from troubleshooting & emergency in-production coverage to advice on migration efforts.
Take Quality Products To Market Faster
ActiveState’s open source language distributions are fully tested and quality assured by core Perl, Python, Go and Tcl experts. They address module-level dependencies and eliminate vulnerabilities.
Regular updates and fixes guarantee that you’re always working with the latest, most secure release. Your staff can spend their time developing and delivering quality products and rely on our dynamic language experts for building, testing and maintaining open source language distributions.
What is the ActiveState Platform?
ActiveState is the de-facto standard for millions of developers around the world who have been using our commercially-backed, secure open source language distributions for over 20 years. With the ActiveState Platform, developers can now automatically build their own Python, Perl or Tcl Environments for Windows, Linux or Mac—all without requiring language or operating system expertise.
How to try the ActiveState Platform
You can try the ActiveState Platform by signing up for a free account using your email or GitHub credentials. Or sign up for a free demo and let us show you how we can support your Python 2 application(s).