Commercial Support and Maintenance for Python, Perl and Tcl
Maintain Your Mission-Critical Apps
Mission critical applications require commercial grade support & maintenance solutions. ActiveState helps you maintain your mission critical applications throughout their life-cycle.
Tens of thousands of open source developers create, update and maintain hundreds of thousands of packages and modules. And the numbers are growing.
More open source software makes every developer’s job easier. But it also creates constant updates and changes to the code you rely on.
ActiveState’s open source language solutions are renowned for their quality for two key reasons:
- Compliance – Careful vetting of open source suppliers ensures you can work with only well-supported, and well-maintained packages that are suitably licensed for commercial use.
- Security – a secure software supply chain, along with vulnerability notifications, timely releases of new language versions and updated packages ensure Python, Perl and Tcl environments start secure and stay secure.
ActiveState provides timely updates to the open source language cores and packages available on the ActiveState Platform.
Each update provides:
- New releases in the form of new packages and modules created by the open source community – all checked for license compliance, vulnerabilities and dependency conflicts.
- New versions of existing languages and packages, checked for vulnerabilities and flagged so you know the risk they pose
Vulnerability fixes/patches. Learn more about enterprise security.
ActiveState offers support for recent language versions, as well as extended support for older versions that have reached End of Life.
Save Time with Professional Support
Open source is now a critical component of your mission critical applications,
but community support remains limited increasing risk when it comes to:
- Urgency: with faster development cycles, can you really afford to wait (and hope) for a timely reply to critical issues from the community or authors?
- Confidentiality: Posting your issues on public forums broadcasts your issues to competitors and bad actors who might be able to exploit them.
We have hundreds of thousands of hours of combined experience supporting enterprises just like yours. And we’ve been doing it for over 20 years. No one knows open source runtime challenges like ActiveState. We’re also founding members of the Python Software Foundation and contributing members to the Perl Foundation, Tcl and other open source communities. ActiveState has insider expertise that can help you resolve everything from highly unusual issues with older versions to conflicts with your environment.
Migration and Upgrade Assistance
Understand when and how best to upgrade from legacy to recent versions, or else migrate from an older generation of a language to the newest generation. Learn about extended Python 2 support here.
Email and/or Phone Support
Depending on which subscription you choose, you can get unlimited support with guaranteed SLAs. Take a look at our pricing chart to find how you can get SLA-based technical support from the ActiveState team.
For more information on ActiveState’s licensing options, check our pricing chart.
Ready to talk about easier, safer open source for your business?
Please provide your information, and our Sales Team will be in touch shortly. Students and developers can sign up for a free account instead.